Mar 25, 2009

terrorism and personal gain

I was just reading a news article which quoted Mr. Ric Charlesworth that subcontinent has changed since 1980 when he played hockey professionally in Pakistan.
He thinks that Commonwealth games and hockey world cup next year may be Jeopardised because of security concerns.
Australia did not send the hockey teams to India because of Mumbai attack and he goes on to say that he left the job on mentor to Indian hockey also because of security reasons.
He just forgot to mention the reason at that time, on the contrary he said it was all due to IHF fault and we all agreed with him as he was a foreigner which we think are superior..so he remebers this now after a year..
I dont say India is safe or Pakistan is or everyone should sshow solidarity to India but I say this why to take out personal grunt on this matter Mr. Ric Charlesworth.. I admired you as a strategist but now I am sorry to say you have lost respect in my eyes and I think in eyes of many other Indian fans..

2 comments:

Salil Dhawan said...

Nice post.No country is safe and i think we as Indians should contribute to whatever we can and not always crib about what government is doing.

Do visit my blog.Your comments at my blog will be interesting.
Salil
http://views-point.blogspot.com

Cinderella said...

Why India or Pak for that matter, security issues area a concern everywhere...in every aliena nation, heck it is a concern the moment you step outta your house.
I have no idea why these outsiders come n make bull-headed comments about how a country should be run, look at your plate for starters !

Nice post, and thnx for dropping by.