Jul 3, 2009

Self empoyment

the work starts now..its fun to be all by yourself and take decisions all by yours..loving it

This is what I have been feeling for sometime now. As Andy told that we hear successful stories of entrepreneurship not the process I will try and elaborate on the process with my limited writing capabilities.
As I write now, my Landlord has delayed the work by 5 days but this happens..

So I stopped my last blog where I was going to find the place and talk to the landlord. Believe me when we go to the ground level the negotiation begins the most useful art to possess. I am not really good at it but I have learnt it after talking to innumerable guys about innumerable thing.
Some points I learnt

1. be clear about what you going to lose from the deal. Sometime it Just could be time but better is to monetize the time.
I did lose a month or more and a great publicity time by a single mistake of mine and some lethargy in April.

2. Know what you want and get it written as mind falters at the wrong times :P

SO keep these basic points in mind before negotiating..and believe me the other person is indefinitely a better negotiator than you when you are starting :-)

Now after gyan I come to the point ;-)

I got the place finally and really now I think April was not a mistake ( when you try and achieve your destiny whole world helps you) so I got a gr8 place at gr8 location and gr8 rent

Now after the place its about the launch which we are preparing ( we because their are so many friends who are helping me and they really are taking their time out from their work fom me.. I am really thankful to all of you guys)SO its all about the office layout, furniture, marketing, finance, operations and any function you can think of in life.
I have learnt so much in these few days.. believe me if an entrepreneur someday comes for a job to you( hope it never happens) Just give him a job. he will really prove to be an asset for your company.

One important thing before you decide to into entrepreneurship.

Make a B Plan specifically a financial plan and than make a 30% addition in time and money as u never know the reality( Am really struggling)

Hope you had a good reading. Please comment if you by chance read this and comment so that I can improve..as I really want that some one starting gets a little help from this

2 comments:

Suman Bhat said...

Great to hear that things are working out and you'll be starting off soon. Hope things really take off. Keep updating us on your blog!

marketnstocks said...

@suman
will try n keep u all updated as many time as possible.

Prashant